Monday, January 7, 2013

Long Overdue Update

Ok, so I know it has been FOREVER since I last posted and I am sorry to not to keep everyone more updated.  Who knew having a kid would take so much time and hard work?  Somebody should have warned me about this! :)

Anyway, Harper is growing so fast and I will try to encompass various different happenings over the last couple months in this post.  Included in the last couple months have been some holidays which has allowed Harper to see (and in some cases meet for the first time) more family members.


Halloween 

Harper was lucky enough to have two costumes.  Well maybe one costume and one really cute pumpkin outfit.  She wore the elephant outfit to answer the door when trick or treaters came but that lasted about 20 minutes until she started screaming (likely from being so hot in that costume!)


 



   


Thanksgiving

My parents and Grandma came to visit for Thanksgiving.  This was the first time either Chrystal or I had ever hosted a major holiday so we went all out on the cooking.  Chrystal did most of the cooking and did an amazing job.  Harper was also very excited to meet her Great Grandma and to see her Grandma and Grandpa again!


      











Christmas   

For Christmas we had a full house with Chrystal's family coming to Philadelphia for the week.  During this visit Harper got to meet her cousin Katie, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Dwayne and Uncle Derrick for the first time.  She was also of course very excited to see Grandma and Grandpa again!   Katie was very excited to hold her little cousin Harper for the first time, however, once she had her in her arms it was a bit of a different story.  I noticed that Katie looked uneasy while holding Harper and I asked her if she felt uncomfortable to which Katie replied "Uncle Bill, I don't know how to say this...I don't want to hold her anymore".  I told Katie that it was ok and she didn't have to hold her any longer and when I picked Harper up I immediately smelled why Katie didn't want to hold her and understood how words could not express her smelly diaper.  At that point I barely wanted to hold her (just kidding of course)!  Luckily Chrystal was able to get a quick picture before Katie handed her over.  

Along the way Harper also got to spend some time with Santa and from the pictures below you can see that she clearly asked for a jungle "exer-saucer" for Christmas. 




         


                      

  













3 month Photo Shoot

Finally even though Harper just had her 5 month birthday the other day I did want to share some of the pictures from the photo shoot we had at 3 months.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and I will do my best to update the blog more often!












No comments:

Post a Comment